Lead Teacher is responsible for developing and implementing a year round developmentally appropriate program within their assigned classroom. The program should include a balance of structured and unstructured time, indoor and outdoor activities, rest and play in keeping with the centers philosophy and state regulations.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Creating written lesson plans in advance
• Preparing materials for activities, including asking for materials from director as needed
• Maintaining a clean, warm, welcoming environment within the classroom that is also conducive to a positive learning environment
• Meeting health, fire, safety, and state requirements with all areas of the class and program
• Share information with parents through informal conversations and communication app. Also scheduling parent conferences as needed.
• Keep records/evaluations on each child in assigned class